The MVista® Blastomyces quantitative antigen EIA aids in the diagnosis of blastomycosis. Monitoring the Blastomyces antigen also assists in therapeutic decision-making and identification of relapses.
– Quantitative Sandwich Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA)
– Serum and CSF are pre-treated to improve accuracy
The result is not intended to be used as the sole means for clinical diagnosis or patient management decisions.
– Cross-reactions are seen with histoplasmosis, paracoccidioidomycosis, penicilliosis, less frequently in coccidioidomycosis, rarely in aspergillosis and possibly sporotrichosis.
– Sputolysin, sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide treatment degrade the analyte detected in the assay.
Serum: Collect serum specimens in serum separator or red top tube. Allow blood to clot for 30 minutes, then centrifuge. Pipette serum into a plastic screw cap vial.
Plasma: Collect plasma specimens in an EDTA, heparin or sodium citrate tube. Centrifuge for 15 minutes and pipette plasma into a plastic screw cap vial.
Urine/CSF/BAL/Other Body Fluids: Submit urine, CSF, BAL and all other body fluids in a sterile screw cap container. Urine may be collected by cystocentesis or free catch in a sterile container. Avoid collection of urine from the floor or cage enclosure.
Minimum Specimen Requirements
Serum/Plasma: 1.2 mL
CSF: 0.8 mL
Urine/CSF/BAL/Other Body Fluids: 0.5 mL
Room Temperature: 2 weeks
Refrigerated: 2 weeks
– If specimen is too viscous to pipette
– Tissue, Sputum, Bronchial Brushings, Stool, FNA, Biopsy, Tracheal or Bone Marrow Aspirate
– Stored in Transport Media, Fixative or Isolator Tubes
Ship next day service for Monday-Friday delivery
Testing is performed Monday-Friday.
Urine/BAL: Same day
Serum/Plasma/CSF: 1 day
*New positives may require confirmation
Positive Below the Limit of Quantification: Results above the cutoff for positivity but below 0.2 ng/mL fall outside the linear range of the assay. These results are positive, but not accurately quantifiable. Result will be confirmed and reported the next business day.
Positive: 0.2 – 14.7 ng/mL
Positive Above the Limit of Quantification: Results greater than 14.7ng/mL fall outside the linear range of the assay. These results are positive, but not accurately quantifiable.
MVista® is a registered trademark of MiraVista Diagnostics